Our agent will only be responsible for the payment of your estate agency fees if you legally complete your new home purchase as agreed with Gentoo and in the specified time period agreed.
You will be liable to pay your fees if you exchange contracts on your existing home before you exchange contracts for the purchase of your new home with Gentoo, in this instance Gentoo would reimburse these fees on completion of your new Home. Please refer to your reservation form for full terms and conditions.
1. The Client has reserved the Gentoo Property in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the attached Reservation Form ('Reservation Form').
2. The Client’s property is subject to a HBR Survey by a third party and an inspection by a Gentoo Homes Colleague and the Client will be notified of any proposed change to the value as a result of this. Any repair recommendations in the survey report will be carried out by the Client prior to exchange of contracts.
3. Subject to receipt of a satisfactory survey and confirmation of the value then exchange of contracts relating to the sale of the Client's Property to Gentoo and the purchase of the Gentoo Property by the Client must take place no later than twenty-eight (28) days from the date of this Agreement.
4. The Client’s Property will be placed on the open market from the date of this Agreement and the Client agrees to allow viewing of the Client’s Property during the marketing period.
5. The Client will complete sign and return the attached Law Society Fittings and Contents Form to Gentoo within seven (7) days from the date of this Agreement.
6. The Client will obtain an up to date (no more than 6 months old) Gas Safety Certificate and Electrical Installation Condition Report for the Client’s Property prior to exchange of contracts and will bear the cost of obtaining such certificates.
7. The Client confirms that the Client is not aware of any structural or legal issues that would affect the value of the Client’s Property and agrees to maintain the Property in no worse a condition than at the date of the Agreement until the date of completion of the Client’s purchase of the Gentoo Property.
8. The Client will comply with the terms of the Client’s Property handover checklist throughout the transaction.
9. If the Client terminates this Agreement prior to exchange of contacts as referred to in clause 3 then the provision of condition 3 of the Reservation Form shall apply to this Agreement.
10. A retention of £500 will be held until an inspection of the Client’s Property has been undertaken. If any cleaning or decorative, or removal of rubbish/items is required the cost will be taken from the £500 retention.
11. Gentoo reserves the right to cancel this Agreement should the Client
- Not comply with the Client’s obligations herein referred to.
- If contracts have not been exchanged within 60 days of the date of this agreement.
12. A person who is not a party to this Agreement shall not have any rights under The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Agreement.
Cottier Grange, Tyne Valley: Discount Market Value eligibility criteria
Council’s Section 106 Officer has to confirm in writing that you are eligible i.e. not able to afford the property at full market value.
You need to demonstrate a need to be housed locally with at least one of the following:
- held local residency for at least six months in the preceding two years
- locally employed, to be locally employed, retired from local employment
- your work provides services locally and you need to live locally
- those with long standing connections with the local area, for example, children of local residents or elderly people who need to move back to the local area to be cared for Discount Market Value eligibility criteria
- 1st priority - settlement, parish, adjoining settlement or parish
- 2nd priority - administrative area of the Council
Qualifying criteria priority
- 1st priority - people connected to settlement or parish, or adjoining settlement or parish
- 2nd priority - people connected to the administrative area of Council
For further information please speak to our Sales Executive.